A smarter way to resolve commercial disputes
Pursuing disputes has traditionally been costly and risky
Pursuing a commercial dispute tends to be a costly, lengthy and risky undertaking. Your lawyers will typically bill you based on the amount of time they spend working for you. Given that the average litigation case for a small or medium-sized business is around 18 months, it’s not uncommon for these bills to spiral to the level of the damages that you’re claiming. Even if you can find a lawyer to act for you on a ‘no win no fee’ basis, you’ll still have to pay up front for disbursements such as court fees. And, of course, you could be liable for the defendant’s costs as well as your own if you lose the case. It’s hardly surprising, then, that many businesses decide against pursuing a claim and reluctantly write-off what they are owed.
Our multi-award winning approach eliminates the financial risk and prioritises cash flow
Our Escalate dispute resolution service takes a completely fresh approach. We’ve created a new type of service that prioritises your cash flow by focussing on a quick settlement and removing upfront costs. By looking at the process from your perspective, we’re transforming how small and medium-sized businesses manage disputes:
- No financial risk – you don’t pay out unless we reach a successful settlement.
- No initial outlay - we pay for all of the up-front costs.
- Rapid results – we aim to get your money back in just three months; if we can’t settle quickly, we have the financial backing to support you all the way to a High Court resolution (including cover for all disbursement costs such as court, barrister and experts fees).
- A fixed fee basis – complete transparency from the start.
- Not just current or future cases – we can go back to disputes that are up to three years old.
There are no restrictions on the types of cases we tackle – bad debt, contractual, negligence, IP infringement etc. – and, importantly, we can revisit disputes that are up to three years old.
The Escalate approach gives you an opportunity to resolve disputes in a way that saves you money, time and hassle, and enabling you to get on with running your business.
We’ve reinvented the dispute resolution process from your perspective
We can help you
We're revolutionising the dispute resolution market and removing the barriers that prevent SMEs from pursuing their cases. Perhaps that's why we are being recognised at prestigious industry awards: we were named 'Innovation of the Year' at the British Accountancy Awards, 'Best Colloboration Initiative' at The Lawyer awards, 'Excellence in Business Development' at the Law Society Excellence Awards and the 'The Legal Services Innovation Award' at the British Legal Awards.